Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dior Show Waterproof Mascara (Jesus in a Bottle)


I have been on the search for the "perfect mascara" for..well...since I can remember! I have tried cheap drugstore mascara, high end boutique mascara and pretty much every brand in between and I always walk away disappointed.
There is quite a lot of hype surrounding this mascara, according to their website-

"Inspired by the runway and behind-the-scenes tricks, Diorshow Mascara gives lashes a triple-shot of glamour, leaving them luxuriously thick, lengthened and curved to the max"

So when my family and I were in New Orleans we went into a Saks Fifth Ave. and I snached this mascara right up. Now this product (like any "designer" makeup) is pretty dang expensive, the only reason I got it was because my grandma bought it for me for my birthday. It retails at...are you ready... $28!

Let me just say I really love this mascara! When I first got it I was skeptical but after a few uses I am now a "Dior Addict". Here is why I love it:
Pros:
1. The sleek packaging is great and eye catching
2. I love the brush! It is HUGE and coats every lash

3. It is truley waterproff-you can cry, sweat or whatever and this mascara never budges or flakes.
4. Your lashes have that "fan effect" after only 2 coats (even though I apply 3)
5. The Mascara is very dark and makes your eye lashes very dramatic looking which I love.
6. It doesn't have a weird smell like some mascaras
7. The product doesn't dry out quickly which is a problem I've found with a lot of drug store mascaras
8. It doesn't make your lashes stiff or hard when it's dry.

Cons:
1. The only thing I don't like about it is the price...$28 is ridiculous to pay for mascara but sadly I love this product so much I will most likely shell out the dough for it again and again.

Here is what it looks like on my lashes: (note- I do have black liner on my waterline and top lashline so try and ignore that)


As I said I love this mascara! I will most surely buy this again even with the expensive price tag. After years of searching I've finally found "the one" haha Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Love, Lipstick, and Super Mascara!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment