Monday, June 13, 2011

Putting Your Makeup on in the Dark

Yes! You just read right my friends Kim, Kathryn and I actually attempted to apply our makeup in complete darkness.
I know some of you are thinking "I could do that..itsn't not that hard" welll believe me...I've been wearing makeup for years and some of it is a little harder than you might think! Here are our before pictures (all we are wearing is a little moisturizer) and a list of products we used.

My Friend Kim

She's using:
Covergirl Ultimate Finish Liquid to Powder Foundation in Buff Beige
Covergirl Simply Ageless Concealer in 210
Maybelliene Colossal Volume Mascara in Black
Covergirl Fresh Complexion Liquid Concealer in Buff Beige


My Friend Kathryn


 She Used:
Infallible Liquid 18 Hour Foundation in Soft Ivory
Covergirl Pressed Powder in Classic Ivory
Wet and Wild Eyeliner Pencil in Black
L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

Don't I look....uh....haha
 I Used:
Tarte Clean Slate Primer
Tarte Tinted Moisturizer
Bare Minerals Mineral Veil
Nyx Creme Blush in Boho
Ulta Powder Blush in...
Sephora Concealer Quad
L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Blackest Black

We laid out all of our makeup products, arranged them in a way that would be a little easier to grab, shut the door and turned off the lights.

At first it was not too bad, I hear Kim say "I hope this is under my eye" talking about her concealer
Mine and Kathryn's foundation comes in a squeeze and pump top so we have no idea how much foundation we are putting on. Powder, blush and concealer wasn't really a problem, Kim says "I put this stuff on in the car while I'm driving" haha (that's why we don't ride with Kim)

The hardest part for all of us was our eyes.
Since Kathryn and my mascara is 2 step figuring out which end was the white primer took some time but we finally discovered that there is tiny raised writing on the white. Now this is where the strings of obscenities comes in. Each on of us is cursing and laughing as we repeatedly stab ourselves in the eye!!Kim is yelling that she got it on her nose, Kathryn got it on her eyelid and I am just poking myself in the eye hoping that it turns out. Let me just say thank god our mascara's were all relatively waterproof or else we would've all looked like raccoons from our eyes watering.

After about 15 min we are all done and turn the lights back on and this is what we see....




(smudged eyelids)


All in all I think we did pretty well, it was a fun and funny experiance that I would never like to repeat but now I know that if I'm ever stranded in a dark cave with Brad Pitt I can at least apply my makeup and look halfway decent. 

I dare you ladies to try this and send me pictures of how it turned out!

Love, Lipstick and mascara on your nose!
Ashley


1 comment: