Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tarte Clean Slate Foundation Primer



As you know I love Tarte skin products!!! If you want to check out their website for their other great stuff its

This primer I bought from Ulta for about $28 which I know is pretty pricey but this products is really great! In this summer heat you almost HAVE to wear a primer to keep your makeup from becoming a gross, oily, sweaty mess!

One of the main reasons I love Tarte is (I think I've said this before) that their products are mostly all natural and they are good for your skin on top of it. This primer has what Tarte calls "skinvigorating ingredients" such as:
Alvocado oil-soothes the skin
Echinacia Root Extract-a natural antibacterial that decreases redness and immflamation
Hibiscus Flower Extract-an antioxidant
Rosemary Leaf Extract-also helps with redness
Safflower Oil-moisturizes and helps with eczema



Most importantly it is formulated without:
Mineral Oil
Paraben
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
Synthetic Fragrance
Cruelty Free!!

This primer goes on really smooth and it only takes a small amount to cover your whole face. I really like the way it feels on my skin and I have noticed my makeup goes on smoother and stays on longer even when I sweat!

The only thing I don't really like about it is the consistancy of it. It has an almost gel like feeling when you squeeze it out of the tube which makes it really hard to tell exactly how much you need. I usually squeeze about an pea size amount onto my fingers and rub them together and apply it mostly on my t-zone and a little on my cheeks. Once you apply it to your face however, it feels very smooth and it doesn't take very long to dry.

I've had very little experiance with primers and compaired to my first experience (see my Hard Candy Primer Review) this product is AMAZING. I would definetly repurchase all though I think it will take me a while to go through this hahaha.

Love, Lipstick and a non-sweaty face :)
Ashley



No comments:

Post a Comment