Monday, October 17, 2011

Makeup Forever HD Foundation


Hey guys! Today I'm going to do a review on Makeup Forever's HD foundation!
I LOVE Makeup Forever! I have talked about their products before and I even posted a review on their HD Foundation Primer. So when we went to Houston I was in the market for a new foundation, I know I just got my Laura Mercier foundation but yeah....anyway....

I went to the Sephora store in Houston which is 20 times better than the one we have here and I talked to a makeup artist there and she was THE NICEST lady!! The girls here are bitches (excuse my language) so it was great to finally have someone that was helpful! She pointed me in the direction of the Makeup Forever line and I was thrilled! She tried the shade 115 on my skin and it was a perfect match which is rare for my skin!


I know you are wondering "what the french toast is HD" well bascially this foundation has extremley fine "glitter" particles in it that help smooth over fine lines, minimize pores, cover imperfections and make it look GREAT in photos and video. I also know you are thinking "what the french bulldog? Glitter!?!!" and no it doesn't make you look like a pixie slapped you across the face. I can't even see the particles unless I am in direct sunlight and even then I just notice a "glow" more than glitter.

This foundation is awesome! It has a velvety texture that glides smoothly over your skin, it hides imperfections perfectly, it isn't cakey or heavy and it lasts all day! I apply it in the morning before school (which is 6:30) and it stays on for 12 hours...no joke!
The only fly in the ointment...er...foundation (for some people) is that it is "high end" which also means "high price" this foundation will set you back $42. This isn't a big deal for me because my skin can't handle drug store foundations but I know some of my readers can't afford it (sorry ladies).

Here is a swatch of this foundation on my hand

Barely visible right?! That means it's a perefect match for my skin tone!
If you wanna try out anything else from Makeup Forever check out their website http://www.makeupforever.com/

check this out and let me know what you think!

Love, Lipstick, and Pixie Slaps!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment