Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"I'm still in love with Judas Baby" Lady Gaga Makeup Look



"I wanna love you, but something's pullin me away from you. Jesus is my virtue but Judas is the deamon I cling too."

"I'm just a holy fool, oh baby it's so cruel but I'm still in love with Judas baby!"


As you all know I'm a HUGE Lady Gaga fan and I saw her in concert last July in Houston (best arm and leg I even spent).
The music video for Lady Gaga's song "Judas" came out a few weeks ago and let me just say one word...
AAAAMAAAUZING!!
There is a lot of controversy over the song and video but I think most christians need to just relax and calm down and learn how to have a good time, but this is a makeup blog and I don't want to get off on a tirade.

Anyway.....
After watching the video a few million times I was really inspired to copy her makeup in the close up shots of her.


Here is a list and picture of the products I used (starting counter clockwise):
1. Tarte Clean Slate Primer
2. Tarte Smooth Operator Tinted Moisturizer in 001
3. Urban Decay Eyelid Primer Potion (depotted)
4. Revlon Photo Ready  Concealer in fair
5. Sephora Concealer Quad
6. Nyx Eye Shadow in black
7. L'Oreal Linear Intense Liquid Eyeliner in blackest black
8. Ulta Brand Blush (not sure the shade)
9. Revlon Eye lash curler
10. Maybelline Lip Perfection Lipstick in "Are you Red-y"
11. Covergirl Lipstain
12. (Not Shown) Bare Minerals Mineral Veil to set everything.

 on a side note about the Sephora Concealer Quad: (I'll do a full review soon)
the top left is a creamy light nude for yellowish skin patches
the top right is a greenish white for redness and acne
the bottom left is a rosey color which hides purplish under eye circles or buises
the bottom right is a skin tone that goes over the green or rose to blend in with your skin.

 Now to start the look, always start with a clean face. Moisturize, prime and apply foundation (Ignore my horribly broken out skin and crazy hair)

Next apply Lid primer to lids up to your brow bone and let dry for about 30 seconds.

Then carfully apply liquid eyeliner to top lids, starting at the middle and working your way out gently tug on the corners of your eyes (I know your not supposed to) to make sure the line is straight, and then go back and do the inner corners. Wing it out a little at the ends.


If its not exactly stright don't worry we will go back and fix it later.

Now for the fun part....I heard that she did most of her own makeup in this video which I think is AWESOME!
For her under eye "lines" you are going to gently set the tip of the liquid eyeliner just under neith your water line making sure it starts parallel to and even with your top line. Then following the natural line of your eye draw a line all the way across and kinda swirl it towards your corner. Do that on both eyes, your going to do it twice but on the second line your going to make a little dot near your corner, make sure the lines don't bleed together.

Mine are a little thicker than hers but that's ok.....

Now apply the Nyx black eye shadow over all the liquid eyeliner. It will make the lines straight and keep it from running. It also sets it in so it stays all day (not that you would want to look like this all day haha)

Now for her eye brows....I saw these and I really don't know what she was trying to do but whatever hahaha I just kinda drew them on with the black eyeliner extending them past your natural eye brows and flicking them out at the ends.

 As for her lips they are really plum but I don't have anything that dark so used the covergirl lipstain that I HATE to make it kinda dark and then I put the Maybelline lipstick over it.

She doesn't wear any mascara in the video.

This is what the whole thing looks like.....

(oops that one is without eye brows)


I had a pretty fun time doing this and it was pretty funny hahaha my sister was laughing at me!

Like I said I LOVE Lady Gaga and I am so inspired by her, I think she is great artist not just in her music but also her fashion, her attitude, and her stage presence. She lets her fans know that it is ok to be whoever you want to be no matter what you believe, what you look like or who you love.

I hope you all enjoyed this look, Tarte Clean Slate Primer Review up soon!
Have a Gaga-rific day
Love and Lipstick
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment