Monday, May 2, 2011

Sorry for being gone :(



Sorry it's been so long but I've been lazy haha. So to make up for it I'm going to do a couple reviews :)

First I"m going to do a review on L'Oreal Beauty Tubes Mascara

I came across some video reviews for this product on YouTube and people had mixed feelings about it so I decided to try it for myself
I bought this mascara from Walgreen's for about $13 which is a little pricey for a drug store product, but its well worth it!!
I LOVE THIS MASCARA!!!
I will admit I am a mascara junkie! I've tried nearly every drugstore mascara out there and I'm ashamed to say I've even tried boutique mascaras costing up to $20 a tube. I know I know outrageous!!! Everytime I would buy a mascara I would find it would be good for a few weeks and then dry out or it would make my lashes look "spidery".

This mascara has what is called "beauty tubes". The "beauty tubes" form a coating around your eye lashes that L'Oreal claims when dry won't smudge, flake, or run. They also claim that it helps protect your lashes from falling out and conditions them.
This is 2 step mascara, the first step is the primer which goes on white and builds the tubes and the second step is a lengthening matte black mascara.



(lol chipped Hello Kitty nails)


There are so many things I loved about this mascara!! It is better than ANY drugstore or boutique mascara that I have used! It made my lashes look full and volumous and long! True to its claims once it dried it never smudges, flakes or runs (which is great for my watery eyes), you can even sleep in this mascara and it looks pretty much the same as when you applied it!! I feel like their claim for conditioned, longer lashes was also true I have noticed less eye lashes falling out when I remove my eye makeup.


 
Application is pretty easy,
First you apply the white primer, I like thick almost clumpy lashes so I apply 3 coats, to each eye (alot I know).
Then IMMEDIATLY after applying the primer I apply the black mascara, if you let the primer dry to much it makes it really hard to cover completely. I apply 2 coats of that to each eye and then let it dry and apply one more coat to the tips.

The only downside to this mascara is if your in a hurry in the mornings then this is not for you. It does take a little longer than normal (obviously).


Removal is extreamly easy!!! All it takes to removes the tubes is hot water! That's it! No soap, no eye makeup remover...just water! Sounds too simple I know but its true. To get the tubes off all I do is warm up a wash cloth or cotton pad, place it on my eyes for about 15 seconds and then gently wipe downwards. Tubes will come off and look like little fibers. Its pretty awesome :)


The only downside to this mascara is it dries out really fast and sometimes the primer can be hard to cover if you don't apply it right but over all those are pretty minor things in my opinion.

I would recomend this product again and again I am on my second tube myself.
 I can not say how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!
Seriously go out and buy this mascara right after you read this!! haha

Next up my review for Tarte Tinted Moisturizer

Love and Lipstick
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment