Monday, May 2, 2011

Tarte Smooth Operator Tinted Moisturizer

(A little dirty from my makeup bag lol)

First off I love Tarte cosmetics! Their products are made with natural ingredients and not tested on animals. If it wasn't so expensive I would probably buy most of my makeup products from them but se la vie money doesn't grow in a bush in my backyard haha (all though I might have to buy one of their matte lip crayons) you can go to their website to view their whole collection

I know I just did a foundation review but I my lovely mom bought me this :).
This is one of the few pricey makeup products that I have but I think sometimes if you want a good product you have to fork over the money.
We bought this from Ulta for...are you ready...you might want to sit down......$38! Now I know, I know that sounds like a lot but let me explain, this product is worth EVERY PENNY!


This is a tinted moisturizer which means it is has a lighter feeling than a normal foundation and a more sheer coverage. It is buildable so if you want/need a medium coverage foundation it will also give you that.
It has an SPF of 20 which is great for my fair, easily burned skin.
It is also GREAT for your skin its :
Paraben free
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate free (which cloggs pores)
It also is dye and fragrance free

Its formulated with:
Amazonian clay which soaks up surface oil and makes skin matte and it also helps balance skin tone and texture.
Chamomile extract which cuts down redness and calms dry, irriated skin
Vitamin A,C and E which help reduce wrinkles, redness and inflammation (awesome!!)

I am crazy about this foundation! I don't really like wearing a heavy foundation cause I hate the way it feels on my skin. This foundation is really light and lets my skin breathe. It gives my skin a healthy glow with great coverage and since its a tinted MOISTURIZER it has really helped the dry patches on my skin.




I have been using this for about a month now and my face hasn't broken out and my blackheads haven't gotten worse (if you read my previous foundation review you will know I have a problem with that). I honestly haven't found any flaws with this foundation! Tarte has a lot of color selections which is great because a lot of tinted moisturizers only come in a few shades.

I would recommend this product for anyone with any skin type, it is definitly worth the high price! If you have dry skin it will help moisturize it and even if you have oily skin the amazonian clay will help mattify your face. This is WAY WAY better than the Covergirl Naturelux Foundation.

I hope this inspires someone to try Tarte and maybe get out of the drugstore box :)

Love and Lipstick
Ashley





No comments:

Post a Comment