Saturday, May 28, 2011

Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cremes

Its safe to say that I am addicted to lip products! I have probably 4 different red lipsticks, a million lip glosses and a few lip pencils and I am constantly buying more. They need to start a support group or something haha.

The latest thing in lip products this summer is "matte" which for those of you who don't know what matte is its a lip products that has no shine, shimmer, or glitter to it. I love the matte look because I think it is something different than just your average lipgloss or chapstick.

The 2 lip products I'm going to review today are the Nyx Matte Lip Creme's. I bought them from Ulta and they were $7 roughly.
The 2 colors I chose where "Tokyo" which is a baby pink, and "Addis Ababa" which is a bright hot pink.







I LOVE THESE LIP CREME'S. I think they were the best invention since the blow dryer (and that's saying a lot). There are sooo many things I like about them:

1. Great Price!!!
2. Vibrant, bright colors and you only have to use 1 coat. (they have a huge selection of colors)
3. They go on like a creamy lipstick but dry to the consistancy of a lip pencil so they don't feel heavy or cakey.
4. They don't smear or smudge like a lipstick. (Scott likes that haha)
5. The smell is fabulous, almost like vanilla or cookies, something sugary.
6. They have amazing staying power! I apply it in the morning or whenever I put my makeup on and they last throught the day and pretty well through eating and drinking.
7. Won't get on your teeth (thank goodness)
8. Really moisturizing for a matte product, I find that some matte products can be kind of drying on your lips but these are not.


(swatch on my arm)

There is really only one thing I don't like about them:

1. Until they dry and even for about 10 min after they feel a little sticky. I don't think thats a big deal but to some people it may be.


I would most definitly recommend these for everyone... as a matter (haha matte) of fact these are really the only lip products I wear anymore aside from my Maybelline lipstick in "Are you Red-y". They feel great on, they last and they are pretty dang cheap.

Have bright lip day!
Love and Lipstick
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment