Tuesday, July 12, 2011

High Beam by Benefit

As you know (or may not know) I LOVE Benefit Cosmetics! All of their stuff has really nice packaging and their stuff lasts FOREVER. You can check out thier website--


According to their website

"Our satiny pink liquid highlighter accents cheekbones and brow bones for a radiant glow. It's known as the "supermodel in a bottle"!"

Let me just say this did not make me look like a super model haha

You can buy this product online or in most  Sephora or Ulta stores, however it will set you back a pretty penny....it usually retails for about $25 (eeek) but I had a Sephora giftcard so...

As the name would imply this product is a liquid high lighter that when applied to your cheek bones, forhead, or brow bone gives you a natural dewy "glow".
I LOVE THE PACKAGING of this product!!! It comes in a glass bottle which is actually shaped like nail polish and the application brush is even exactly like a nail polish brush! This makes applying the product really quick and easy.

Now here are some things I love about this product:

Pros:
1. Love the packaging
2. Application is really easy thanks to the "nail polish" brush
3. I love the consistency which is a mixture of a liquid and a cream...actually...it has the consistency of a thick nail polish (gotta love the nail polish references)
4. I love the dewy glow it gives to my complextion and a few days after I started using it my mom actually complimented me on how "glowy" my face looked

Now some things I don't really love:

Cons:
1. The price...$25 seems a little much for such a small amount (0.45 oz)
2. It gets a "crust" around the rim of the bottle which can make it hard to open

Now I know you may be wondering how to apply this but *gasp* you are in luck I'm going to show and tell you how!
It is really very simple....If Paris Hilton does it then I know you can too haha! Just shake up the bottle and apply whatever is on the brush in small dotting motions from the center of your cheek bones to your temples and then down your forehead (.like in the picture below)


Then with your middle or ring finger pat and smooth it out and apply whatever is left over on your fingers under your brow bone.

You can't really see it very well in the picture but once light hits it, you can really see the glow it gives off.

Also I mix a few drops of this into my foundation on the back of my hand and it really makes my foundation look dewy and smooth :).

I wasn't really into highlighters until I bought this product, but now it is something I use everyday no matter what! Even on days when I don't feel like wearing foundation (which is rare) I just use concealer and this and my face still looks great! I would definitly recomend this product for everyone with any skin type!

Love, Lipstick, and Dewy complextions!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment