Monday, August 8, 2011

Nail Time: My New Nail Addiction

Lets get one thing straight, as a girl I LOVE nail polish and usually polish my nails at least once maybe twice a week depending on my mood. It's safe to say I have tried A TON of nail polishes everything from super cheap nail polishes like NYC which are about $1 to really expensive polishes like Chanel which are like $13 a bottle.

However even though I polish my nails a lot that doesn't mean I'm overly patient, I have the attention span of a hummingbird with ADD. So I can't be bothered to wait more than 15 min for my nails to dry.

One day when I was at Walgreens about a year or 2 ago I stumbled upon this Sally Hansen nail polish called "Insta-Dry". They are about $5-$6 a bottle and they come in a ton of colors! I was a tad skeptical at first because usually stuff never comes out like it says but once I got it home and tried it (the first color I ever bought was the black I don't know what it is called) I fell head over heels in love with these polishes! So a few months back a bought a color called "Lively Lilac" from this same brand and it is my new nail addiction!

I love this color so much that I've worn it on my nails a couple times in a row (which a rarely do) and when I'm out I am definitly going to buy a new bottle.

Here is what it looks like on my nails...

I think this lavender color looks good on any skin tone but I think it would look really good on someone with olive or tan skin.
Another thing I love about this brand is the brush! It's a little thinner than a normal brush and its tapered to match the shape of your nail. The brush also holds polish really well!

These polishes are really thick which can be a good or bad thing depending, I like a really thick polish because I think they cover better but at the same time it is really easy to apply too much and then it gets "bubbley". The only big thing I don't like about it is since they are a quick drying polish they seem to dry up really fast in the bottle and get clumpy but considering this polish is really good and pretty fairly priced I think that's ok.

So if your into polish as much as me these are definitly worth the price plus you can get 2 of these for the price of high end polishes like Chanel. Go out and try some and tell me what you think :)

Love, Lipstick, and Lilac Nails
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment