Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Makeup Forever HD Primer

As I have said in a previous post I have to wear a primer any time I put on foundation. I have been on the never ending hunt for the perfect foundation primer and I've tried a lot but so far my favorite is the Makeup Forever HD. I bought the travel size version to try it out.


I LOVE THIS PRIMER. On the website it says:

The MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Complexion products use innovative formulas to create a new generation of make up which is both invisible on HD cameras and to the naked eye.
In the same manner as a skin care product, the HD Primer nourishes, moisturizes and softens the skin, creating a glowing effect.
It creates a protective layer on the skin allowing the foundation to glide on easily and to last longer.
Unlike standard skin care creams, the HD Primer dries quickly, allowing make up to be applied immediately.
The HD Primer comes in 6 color-correcting shades and one transparent shade to correct skin imperfections.
The colored pigments are absorbed by the skin for an invisible correction
.

As the description says it comes in 7 color ranges:
Green- evens out redness
Yellow-hides blue and purple (under eye circles)
Lavender- evens yellow tones
Pink-evens olive skin tones
Neutral-its just clear
Blue-Also evens out yellow skin or brown spots
Carmel-for dark skin tones

(photos courtesy of the Makeup Forever website)


Pros:
Let me tell you...everything that description says this primer lives up too! I have really dry skin and this moisturizes but at the same time doesn't make my skin look shiney. My makeup lasts ALL DAY with no smearing or smudging
It goes on smoothly and only takes a pea size amount to cover your whole face. it dries very quickly and I can apply my foundation immediatly after I apply the primer.
It is not greasy or runny which I really like and it isn't as matte at some other primers which is good for my dry skin as well.

Cons:
It did make me breakout SEVERLY the first week I tried it but once again my skin is very sensitive and hates new products. Also I read a lot of review of people saying it made them breakout too but after a few weeks it cleared right up.
Also I bought the travel size version of this and it was on sale for $15, however the full version of this will run you back about $35 for 30 ml. I think that's a little much but not gonna lie I will probably pay that once my travel size wears out! Here is what the full size looks like


As if I haven't raved enough I simply love this product! I would recommend it for any skin tone (thanks to the 7 varieties) and texture and since it doesn't take much it may sound expensive but it will last FOREVER!!! You can buy this online at:
or any local Ulta or Sephora store :).

If you try it let me know if you like it!

Love, Lipstick and Makup Forever
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment