Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Turn Bad Hair Beautiful!

Surprise, surprise my hair is not naturally this red....as you all know by now I dye my hair (and often) and it's not exactly cheap if you know what I mean. One of the worst things for color treated hair is actually washing it too much, not only does it make your hair really dry but if you dye your hair and are washing it everyday you are actually washing your time and money down the drain (and who wants that)!!

I personally only wash my hair 2/3 times a week which sounds gross but I get twice as much bang for my buck as far as my color goes and red washes out the fastest of any hair dye! I have "trained" my hair to stay clean  along with the help of 2 cheap products!

These 2 products have literallly saved my hair and you can buy them at any drugstore! The first product is actually baby powder and the second is Pssst! Dry Shampoo.
With the help of these my hair actually looks more voluminous than on the actual day I wash my hair!!

How do I apply these you may ask? Well your in luck....I'm going to let you in on my secret!
Since I have trained my hair to stay clean (meaning I wash it less which makes it produce less oil) the first and second day after I wash my hair pretty much looks the same. On the night of my "2nd day" I sprinkle a little baby powder into my hair, rub it in and brush my hair and go to bed. This will absorb excess oils in your sleep. Then the next morning I shake the dry shampoo and spray a little into my roots, shaking between each use.

When you do this you can actually go longer without shampooing and train your hair to produce less oil and also save some money in the process!!
If you have color treated, dry, damaged or chemically processed hair this will help you out sooo much!!

Have a great evening everyone!
Love, Lipstick and Clean-er Hair
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment